Countries: MAURITANIA, THE GAMBIA, SENEGAL, GUINEA, GUINEA BISSAU, IVORY COAST, SIERRA LEONE, LIBERIA, MALI, BURKINA FASO, GHANA, TOGO, BENIN, NIGERIA, NIGER and CHAD
The West Africa Guide (Edition 2018) offers self-drive travellers to this region a map and points of interest dedicated to the needs of overland travellers. It is by no means a comprehensive country guide for each individual country, but offers the overlander the roads, places and travel information required to traverse this vast region.
Categories of information included in this guide (4 939 total number of points):
- Places (1688) - cities, towns, villages. Places of traveller interest have detailed descriptions and information.
- Attractions & Activities (422) - various attractions and activities
- Parks (180) - protected areas such as national parks and game reserves with descriptions
- Scenic (9) – Few named mountain passes.
- Camps (120) – a comprehensive guide of camping options available
- Lodging (387) - places to stay varying from upmarket lodges to entry level B&B’s
- Food & Drink (168) - places to eat or drink
- Fuel (680) - places to fuel up
- Shopping (223) - various places to shop, relevant to self-drive travellers
- Services (821) - wide range of services relevant to self-drive travellers
- More (241) - wide range of minor places of interest which may assist with orientation
Things to remember about using this guide:
- all information and maps are available offline once installed
- your GPS location is displayed on the map as you drive, providing orientation and assisting with narrowing down the search for places around you
- points of interest positions are accurately displayed on the map
- you can switch categories on and off based on your preference, which will also filter the search results
- you will receive updates to this 2015 edition of the guide, free of charge, up to the end of 2016 even though a new edition will be released early in 2016
- your edition of the app will not expire even though we release new editions
Tracks4Africa has been collecting GPS data from real travellers since the year 2000. Our maps and guides reflect the collective travel experience of this community of travellers.
If you have any questions or suggestions about this guide or the app, feel free to contact us at [email protected]